Supporting your child
There are also many things you can do to support your child and ensure they have the best possible experience when they come to Thistley Hough Academy. Please see some recommendations below:
- Encouraging them to have a healthy breakfast before they come to school.
- Ensuring they arrive punctually to the Academy with all the equipment/kit they need for the day.
- Monitoring their punctuality/attendance through reports and Parents’ Evenings.
- Ensuring they follow a healthy lifestyle including the appropriate amount of sleep, exercise, relaxation and study.
- Checking your child’s planner to ensure homework is completed.
- Taking an active interest in their individual targets and Personalised Learning Plans where appropriate.
- Contacting the Academy to discuss progress or difficulties.
- Support the Academy’s PTFA, extra-curricular activities, presentation evenings and other focused events.
- Attend parents’/carers’ evenings.
With World Poetry Day on 21 March, we wanted to share the great benefits that can be achieved by expressing […]
Now that we have a road map for moving out of lockdown and we’re all heading back to school, it’s the perfect […]
Dear Parent/Carer Phased Return to the Academy / Important Information I hope that you are all safe and well, and […]
Dear Parent/Carer World Book Day Information – Thursday 4th March 2021 As previously shared, we have decided that we want […]
View Another Area Within This Section