The Thistley Hough Reunion Group is made up of former students of Thistley Hough School for Girls, from 1938 to 1972. Miss Bamber was the first Headmistress when the school opened in 1938, followed by Miss Dawson from 1953 to 1969. Miss Robinson was a long serving Deputy Headteacher at the school, and was Headteacher when comprehensive education brought an end to Thistley Hough Grammar School for Girls.
The Reunion Group Committee works closely with Mrs. Hartley and staff members to organise an Annual Reunion Day at the school, usually in March. We have also provided new awards which are presented to students at their Annual Awards Evening.
We were thrilled to sing our old school song ‘Jerusalem’, with current school students, at the opening ceremony of the new school building in 2014. We are proud to be associated with the current school and staff, and happy to support and help promote the Thistley Hough ethos of our schooldays.
There are four members on the Reunion Group Committee:-
Mrs Robinson, the former Deputy Headteacher speaks: