Thistley Hough has a new catering provider which comes with a new App!
Welcome to the Aspens App!
Our Menu at your Fingertips
Want to know what’s on the menu at your child’s school? Well, we have developed the Aspens App which will enable you to read it with just a couple of presses on your smartphone.
It’s simple enough – just search for the app at the App Store or Google Play, install, add the unique PIN relating to your particular school and you will be able to view the current menu.
This will make it so much easier to help your child to choose their lunches.
But that’s not all…
- Click directly to the school’s website to read more about the catering facilities and Aspens as a provider.
- Ask any questions relating to a child’s particular needs and the food on offer.
- Ask questions regarding school meal payments and the potential for free school meals.
- Provide feedback about the meals so that we are able to maintain the high standards that we continually strive for.
- Find out more about Aspens Services, upcoming promotions and fun days, our approach and commitment to healthy eating, quality and the environment.
Think about how many times your child has handed over a crumpled piece of paper, saying “Whoops, I was meant to give you this ages ago!’
At Aspens we want to be able to communicate in the most effective way and make sure that the latest information about our school meals and current promotions reaches you when you need it. We would like parents and pupils alike to have access to the details about our food at their fingertips at any time.
Each school has a unique page on our website too with a direct link to a pdf of the menu to be viewed and printed if desired. It also has the school’s unique reference for downloading the Aspens App. Follow the link https://www.aspens-services.co.uk/schools/thistley-hough-academy/ to view out menu.
Our new paperless initiative helps us to:
- Be greener – saving 714 tonnes of CO2 emissions being released into the atmosphere.
- Cut down on paper – do our bit to tackle deforestation and protecting endangered wildlife.
- Move forward with technology and have regular contact with our customer base.
We use food suppliers who are local to our Units to support local businesses and cut down on food miles, so it is a natural and fitting step for us in considering our carbon footprint and to cut down on printing flyers too.
We appreciate your co-operation in this change and look forward to sharing our menus in a timely manner, with no more crumpled up bits of paper being pulled out of schoolbags!
If there are parents that do not want to download our free app or visit our website, we can email a copy of our menu, if requested, by contacting the email address below:
If you have any questions whatsoever on this, please do get in touch and we’ll do all that we can to help.