As we have reached the halfway point in the academic year, I would like to take this opportunity to share some important information and reminders to ensure that the Academy expectations continue to be met by students, and that pride, respect and commitment are demonstrated at all times.
Correct full academy uniform is compulsory for all students. Please be advised that sanctions are in place for students who are not in full uniform.
Please note that both a plain grey jumper and the Academy blazer, is compulsory for all students in all year groups. Should you need any support with regard to uniform, please contact your child’s Head of Year at the Academy.
Full information regarding uniform expectations can be found overleaf, or on the Academy website at www.thistleyhoughacademy.org.uk.
Attendance and Punctuality to school is vitally important. All students should be in school by 8:40am and in classrooms, ready to learn, by 8:45am (Period 1). Any student arriving late to school will be missing valuable learning time and will be issued with a detention. The student entrance (Newcastle Lane entrance) is open from 8:00am. Please note; students will not be allowed to enter the building prior to this time due to supervision restrictions.
All students should have departed the Academy site by 4:30pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 2:00pm on Wednesdays and 4:00pm each Friday. Please note that students should only remain on site after the normal end time of 3:15pm, or 2pm on Wednesdays, if they are taking part in any afterschool clubs or activities.
All students should arrive to school with the basic equipment to assist their learning. Please see the list of the basic equipment requirements overleaf.
The use of mobile phones or headphones is not permitted on the Academy site. Use of such items will lead to confiscation.
May I take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support for Thistley Hough Academy.
- Purple blazer with school badge
- Plain white shirt with stiff collar and a top button
- Plain grey jumper
- School tie – this must be clean and free of graffiti
- Grey school trousers (not leggings, tight fitted trousers or jeans)
- Grey ‘A’ line school skirt – knee length (tight fitted skirts are not acceptable). Skirts must not be rolled up at the waist.
- A plain grey or purple Dupatta may be worn (tassels and embroidery are not acceptable). Headscarves must be plain grey.
- Plain black tights or black or white ankle socks.
- Plain black leather/leather looking shoes (not platforms, boots, trainers or any sports/fashion branded footwear. Canvas shoes or pumps are not allowed). Ankle boots may be worn under trousers, but are not allowed with a skirt.
In addition we would like to draw your attention to the following:
- Students are required to attend school with a hairstyle appropriate to the uniform policy. Hair colour should look a natural colour, so there should be no noticeably dyed hair or extreme styles.
- Facial piercings and tattoos are not allowed.
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- Hooded tops and fashion jumpers are not permitted.
- Blazers must be worn at all times unless permission is given in lesson by the class teacher.
- Coats are not to be worn inside the main building.
Students need to be prepared for learning by attending the Academy with the correct basic equipment. This ensures that lessons can begin swiftly and without delay. As such, students are required to bring the following equipment:
- School Bag
- Black or blue ballpoint pen
- Pencil sharpener
- Reading book