28th February 2018
I’m pleased to be able to tell you about an exciting trip the P.E. Department is planning for our students.
We will be staying in Risoul, France from 2nd – 9th February 2019.
Thistley Hough Academy has chosen to travel with Equity; they are market leaders in providing successful school ski tours to a choice of resorts across Europe and North America. They are completely financially protected by ABTA and ATOL, meaning in the event of any unlikely unexpected occurrence your money is protected. Equity are also accredited by ‘Learning outside the Classroom’ and the School Travel Forum; both organisations which support excellence in the planning and delivery of highly successful school ski trips.
The trip includes:
- return coach transfer from school to Manchester airport
- return flights from Manchester to Grenoble/Turin (TBC)
- coach transfer from Grenoble/Turin airport to resort
- 7 nights full board accommodation including breakfast, hot lunches and a 3 course evening meal
- a 6 day lift pass which covers the whole local area of Risoul and Vars
- fully comprehensive travel insurance including medical, redundancy cover, travel delay, personal liability, 24 hour emergency services, ski breakage and snow guarantee
- ski equipment hire for 6 days (skis, boots and poles) including helmets
- 4 hours of ski tuition per day with fully qualified staff
- A bespoke ski trip hoody
- as well as a variety of evening entertainments such as quiz night, DVD evening, games night, etc
The Academy is requesting a voluntary contribution of £846 to cover these costs. Payment needs to be paid on Parent-Pay and the permission slip needs to be taken to Miss Brown Please be aware that if we do not receive sufficient contributions this visit may not be able to take place.
A non-refundable initial deposit of £300 is due by 30/04/2018. This deposit will be broken down as follows:
|£200||30th March 2018|
|£100||30th April 2018|
- All initial deposits are non-refundable.
- If your child changes their mind about the trip or you withdraw your child from the trip for any reason (subject to point 3), any payment for the trip will still be payable unless the student can be substituted. This is due to the fact the academy will be charged in full for the reserved place.
- If your child is unable to attend the trip at the last moment for a legitimate reason supported by a medical certificate, i.e. illness or injury, then a refund of payments will be made where the requirements for a claim on the academy’s insurance has been met. The initial deposit still remains non-refundable.
This will then leave an amount of £646 to be paid before Wednesday 31st October 2018, the minimum monthly payment plan is outlined below:
|£100||31st May 2018|
|£100||29th June 2018|
|£100||31st July 2018|
|£100||31st August 2018|
|£100||28th September 2018|
|£46||31st October 2018|
However, the total balance or more than the stated payment amount per month may be paid at any point.
Please also note that a valid passport will be required for your child.
Further details will be provided and an opportunity for you to ask questions at a trip meeting for parents and students at a later date which will be confirmed in due time. However, if you have any questions regarding the trip please do not hesitate to contact me via email at email@example.com, or telephone 01782 883500.
This is a fantastic opportunity for your son or daughter to engage with their classmates in an unfamiliar setting, discover new places and ideas and most importantly further develop their own skiing skills.
Please complete the attached form and return it to Miss Brown as soon as possible.
Miss J. Brown
Skiing trip to Risoul, France on 2nd – 9th February 2019.
Name of Student ………………………………………………. Form………………………….
I acknowledge receipt of letter for the ski trip. I agree to pay the minimum of £300 deposit balance.
Signed (Parent/Carer)…………………………………………………… Date………………..