In order to ensure that we maintain our high standards at Thistley Hough Academy, we are introducing Standards Cards. This is a credit card sized card which will be carried by all students in their top blazer pocket. If a student’s uniform does not meet our high expectations
- shirt untucked, blazer sleeves rolled up, they will be asked for their card, which the member of staff will If a student receives four signatures for infringements in a half term, they will be placed into an after school detention for 30 minutes on the same day. A text will be sent home to let parents/carers know that their son or daughter has received a detention.
We are also a no chewing gum school. Students who chew gum in school will be asked to dispose of it and also have their Standards Card signed.
Failure by students to carry their Standards Card will result in an automatic 30-minute detention. They will then be issued with a new card.
Please may I take this opportunity to remind you of the Thistley Hough uniform, which we expect to see students in, and the basic equipment we expect every student to have in school each day.
- Black or blue ballpoint pen
- Pencil sharpener
- Reading book
- Standards card
* Full PE kit must be brought to all PE lessons.
- Purple blazer with school badge
- Plain white shirt with stiff collar and a top button
- School tie – this must be clean and free of graffiti
- Grey school trousers (not leggings, tight fitted trousers or jeans)
- Grey ‘A’ line school skirt – knee
length (tight fitted skirts are not acceptable)
- Skirts must not be rolled up at the
- A plain grey or purple Dupatta may be worn (tassels and embroidery are not acceptable). Headscarves must be plain
- Plain black tights or black or white ankle
- Plain black leather/leather looking shoes (not platforms, boots, trainers or any sports/fashion branded footwear. Canvas shoes or pumps are not allowed). Ankle boots maybe worn under trousers, but are not allowed with a
- Extreme hair styles, unnatural dyed hair colours and facial piercings are not
Dates for the diary
|Thursday 7th December 2017||Year 11 Parents’ Evening||Please note this is a change of date.|
|Tuesday 19th December 2017||Christmas Jumper day
Academy closes at 2pm for the Christmas holidays
|Staff and students can wear their Christmas Jumper over their school uniform. In exchange, we are asking for a food donation to the local
|Wednesday 3rd January 2018||Staff INSET Day||Students do not need to attend|
|Thursday 4th January 2018||School reopens to students
Year 11 mock examinations begin.
|All students MUST attend.|
|Wednesday 7th February 2018||Year 10 Parents’ evening|
|Friday 16th February 2018||Academy finishes at 3.15pm for the half term holiday|
|Monday 26th February 2018||All students return|
May I also take this opportunity to thank you for your ongoing support of Thistley Hough Academy.